- RubiStar Create customized rubrics in English and Spanish.
- Arcademic Skill Builders Educational Games for students to polish math and language skills.
- PersuadeStar Provides tools for students to write persuasive essays.
- Classroom Architect Design a floor plan for your classroom.
- Equity Locate resources and tools to help you meet the needs of a diverse classroom.
- TrackStar View thousands of online lessons or quickly create your own.
- Assign-A-Day: Post your own online calendar with hyperlinks and project.
- PBL Checklists Make custom checklists for multiple projects.
- Teacher Tacklebox Locate top-rated Tracks, WebQuests, and ThinkQuests for your subject.
- Web Poster Wizard Make and post a simple Web page within minutes.
- NoteStar Assist students with collecting group notes and citations for papers.
- Think Tank Helps student set up topics for reports. Use alone or with NoteStar.
- KidsVid Help teachers and students use video production in class support project-based learning.
Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Introduction to web tools to assist teachers and students by 4teachers.org
When mentoring our pre-service and in-service teachers we need to describe and model both research-based and clinically tested best practices, and demonstrate how these best practices can be applied in the real (i.e. physical) and virtual (i.e. online) classroom for both teaching and teacher training. The combination of face to face instruction in a physical setting and online learning is called blended learning. In this section of the blog we will describe how the internet can serve as a supplemental resource for instruction and the mentoring of pre-service and in-service Jewish educators. In this post we will share web tools and resources to assist students and teachers provided by 4teachers.org .
Assumption: The teacher or mentor teacher has a interactive white board (i.e. SMART Board, Promethean, etc.), a Tablet PC (also called a Slate or Blade), a computer presenter or computer with internet access attached to an LCD projector in the classroom. It would be ideal if students or mentees had access to their own laptop computers or Ipads. Given parental and school approval, and the development of specific guidelines, smartphones can be used to enhance instruction as well.
Note: Although the web tools for students and teachers provided by 4 teachers.org can be applied in the Judaic Studies blended learning classroom, it can be also be used for training pre-service and in-service Jewish educators for professional or staff development. It is our hope that Jewish educators around the globe will form an online community of practice, a CoP, a group of people who share an interest, a craft, and/or a profession, to enhance the delivery of instruction and training of Jewish educators. For example, here is a CoP you might want to join.
Note: The resources and web tools for students and teachers provided by 4 teachers.org can be used in both a physical and virtual Judaic Studies classroom.
What are the web tools and resources provided by 4teachers.org?
The web tools for students and teachers provided by 4 teachers.org is an online set of web research tools and for problem based learning including Problem-Based Jewish Learning.
What is the web address of 4 teachers.org ?
What kind of research tools can 4teachers.org provide the student who is engaged in problem based learning?
Below you will find a list of research tools for students who are engaged in problem based learning. These resources and these descriptions are provided by 4teachers.org :
On the next post we will share additional web tools to assist students with special needs.